Drinking Deeply

Monday, March 25, 2013 at 3:29 PM

(not) Downloading youtube videos

So I was going to put up a post about how to download youtube videos without software.  Then I figured, "I should do some reading about the legality of doing this before putting it up."  Long story short I discovered that it is not legal to download youtube videos unless 1) the youtube website allows you or 2) you are the original uploader.  

http://www.communicatejesus.com/2009/08/only-two-legal-scenarios-to-download-youtube-videos/

“Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content.”

Well, I guess you learn something new everyday!

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Drop a thought