Drinking Deeply

Monday, March 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM

New theme: No black boxes

So I haven't updated in a while, and I've been mulling over the prospect of changing the theme of the blog.  In the past, I was almost exclusively focused upon theology.  But as of late, I feel like I've been learning a ton about a whole slew of other things - math, psychology  teaching, programming etc.  And it's been enough that I've wanted to share some of it.

So, the plan is to start posting again, and perhaps eventually to migrate to wordpress (because I want to learn how to work with that a little more).

So here's the newest theme of the blog: No black boxes.  What does it mean? I'm not sure where I got the idea, but I always have associated "black boxes" with unknowns.  "This works, but I don't know why."  But one of the biggest things I've learned/been reminded of is that a rational God has created the universe and populated it with people who are made in his image, who are rational themselves.  That means that what I see as a mysterious unknown (ie a black box), really is understandable, provided that I put in some work to do some thinking about it.

This isn't to say that it's possible to completely understand everything (to "comprehend it"), but just that it is possible to understand it - to get a better picture of what actually is going on.

So that's the goal, and along the way I'll post different things I've learned here and there.  We'll see how everything goes. 

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Drop a thought