Drinking Deeply

Friday, May 14, 2010 at 2:05 PM

A drop of bitterness poisons the sweetest drink

Esther 5:13 -

"Yet all this is worth nothing to me, so long as I see Mordecai the Jew sitting at the king's gate.”

Haman goes home after eating at the feast with Esther and the King, he (v.11) recounted the many splendors , the sons, the premotions, and the fact that he has been invited to feast with the king and queen, and yet he laments, “Yet all this is worth nothing to me, so long as I see Mordecai the Jew sitting at the king’s gate.” Wow, even in the midst of incredible accomplishment and great blessing, God has not given him the joy to enjoy it! May this never be for me, may I always be thankful for the incredible gifts and account as nothing those slights that I receive from others!

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Drop a thought