Drinking Deeply

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 7:47 AM

On the road (0)

So here's an uncharacteristically personal post. I always want to post something serious but someone always beats me to the punch. I guess the only thing I have of value is to talk about me! So some isolated thoughts as I've traveled this far.

I'm currently on the road, (well, not literally). I departed from sunny Palo Alto on Thursday, March 19 with an eventual destination of cold Minneapolis with a stop off in Chicago for a week to see family. I've gotten accepted to go to Bethlehem Seminary and, Lord willing, will be starting in the Fall. My boss asked me to leave early or leave later than June, so I decided early. Why? Because of a special someone who also so happens to live in Minneapolis. Yeah, she also had an impact on my decision to apply there, but just a little ;-).

It's been an adventure. Last week I got my car checked out with the mechanic, and he suggested that since I was leaking so much transmission fluid, I should take it easy. So the 3 day trip turned into a 5.5 day trip. As a result, my brother, who I was planning to spend all 3 days evangelizing, couldn't join me. Alas!

Saying goodbyes was incredibly difficult. God has blessed me with more than my fair share of colaborers and companions in the faith, and it has been hard to say farewell to them. Some of them have been like Paul to me. Some more like Timothy. All of them have been treasured companions and partners (and some, co-conspirers =p).


I feel very much like Joshua might have on the edge of Canaan. Huge promises and exciting times ahead, but Moses is dead! How is he supposed to get by without his closest friend and confident? Not only so, but his entire generation has passed away in the last years. Thankfully though, none of my friends are dead and goodbyes are not forever.

As I've been trying to remind myself (sometimes through tears) -

All good things must come to an end, because God has far better things in store.

So, onward to a grand adventure and a gracious God!

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Drop a thought