Drinking Deeply

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 9:55 PM

Are babies worth less than dogs?

I bet I've read something like this somewhere because I highly doubt that I came up with it myself, but as I was watching the news yesterday while waiting for my food at a restaurant, I noticed that Michael Vick is being accused of dogfighting.

One line caught my eye, that his supposed coleader in the dogfighting was pleading guilty to his charges concerning his involvement in dogfighting and (according to a CNN article):
could be sentenced to up to five years in prison, fined $250,000 and put on three years supervised release.
So let me get this straight. This person has participated in the deliberate harm of animals and gets sentenced to jail, but a woman who murders an unborn baby, who according to modern science, can think, feel, laugh, cry, suck his thumb, pee, and all sorts of other functions that separate people from animals, can get off free because it's her right to choose.

Fabulous. Simply fabulous. What a wonderful world we live in.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Drop a thought