Drinking Deeply

Saturday, November 11, 2006 at 5:33 PM

Reading Deeply

For those of you who are wondering, I've posted a response to jefe's latest comment and backdated it to preserve the order of the discussion.

I have started enjoying Douglas Wilson more and more. I'm still thinking over his views of baptism and the covenant though. But check out these great posts while you wait.

Douglas Wilson dialogs with Mr. Harris' book "Letter to a Christian Nation." Excellent posts utilizing the presuppositional method.

He also discusses how a Christian acts alongside to those who don't agree doctrinally on some points.

I feel like I've read this before... but I don't remember. Anyways, Triablogue posts on "how to read a book"

Theocentric has finally finished his series of posts on "Desiring the Milk of the Word" in which he discusses what Scripture means when it says "milk" and "meat" and how that applies to ministry. Excellent series of posts. Please take the time to read them all. I've linked to the last post, in which he provides a link to all the rest.

Global Warming?

And Team Pyro just got through a series of 3 guest posts by Gary Johnson discussing latest book which ummm disagrees with Calvinism.

Bookwise, I've picked up and started reading Piper's Justification of God, a treatment of Romans 9 and the topic of election. Hard read with lots of Greek. We'll see how we go through it.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Blogger Mike Cheng said...

This doesn't have anything to do with your post, but I was just wondering whether there is a difference between Terrific, Fabulous, Excellent, and Splendid in your sidebar =). I'm just guessing they just signify different characteristics to the groups under each name? Or maybe the groups are just arbitrary and you're messing with us =P. Just found it interesting.  

~

Drop a thought