Drinking Deeply

Sunday, October 22, 2006 at 12:45 PM

A particular joy

This past week, especially Thursday and Friday, I has been filled with a particular joy. Some things certainly were happening, but certainly not out of the ordinary. I guess God has just given me an acute sense of peace and joy. I've been so tremendously encouraged and blessed by all that's happening around me, miracles (not like platform levitating, but like hearts of stone to hearts of flesh type), songs, late night conversations, ping pong games, and growing friendships with people in my dorm.

Some more specific things:

A late night discussion with a brother in Christ moved from the future to schoolwork to girls to confession, God's grace and mercy, and prayer.

Hearing about and noticing people getting raised from the dead. Discovering a desire that comes wholly from God for His glory and majesty and living that out through conversations, questions, the reading of books, and a faith that leads to works.

Having the opportunity to sing "Thy mercy, my God" in my voice class and having the song stuck in my head all weekend long. Extended meditation on the mercy of God has reminded me over and over again of how great the Father's love.

Today (the Lord's day), the speaker gave what I thought was probably the best sermon I've heard him preach. Grounded in the text, driving specific points home and not avoiding difficult issues that people may raise, making a call for discipleship and spiritual war, even a few quick greek references! Hammering home the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what that means. Such a delight.

Receiving an email from a friend in the ministry which read in part, "I was talking with Pastor xxxx and xxxxxxx, and they have been thinking that we have need of a co-worker with the youth. Let me know if you would be interested in applying." whoa!

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Drop a thought