Drinking Deeply

Friday, September 08, 2006 at 8:08 PM

Book Review: Jonathan Edwards: A Life

Written by George Marsden, this book was a tome, with 640 pages (including nearly 100 pages of footnotes), this book followed Jonathan Edwards from birth through school, through life, writings, theological battles, and into his death.

Simply put, it's hard to do the book justice. I found myself entrapped by a book that put me right over Edward's shoulder. The research was so well done and the chapters so well written that it was hard to put the book down, I felt like I was walking around the 18th century. Marsden does an excellent job of showing Edward's focus, good side, bad side, victories, and defeats. Definitely a book worth reading.

I don't know what else to say. Read the book. Definitely going to be reading some more Edwards in the future.

My recommendation: Own it

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Blogger Tim said...

Did I mention that this guy is my homeboy?

Homeboy #5

Check out the Jonathan Edwards is my homeboy t-shirt  

~

Drop a thought