Drinking Deeply

Monday, July 24, 2006 at 1:21 AM

Crowns: Intro

At a retreat years ago, I was introduced to an idea of "crowns," namely the belief that when we get to heaven, those good works that we've done on earth will have earned us "crowns." A quick search on Biblegateway does confirm a reference to crowns.

This topic came up again the past week, and I was thinking about it. And then I was like "hmm, you know, this would make a good series of blog posts."

So what I'm planning to do is to think of as many different verses and passages that may or may not support the idea of "crowns." But before I do that, I have a guess at what may have prompted the idea of "crowns," so I'm going to address that first.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Blogger Mike Cheng said...

Sweet, I'm excited for this series =P.

It would be cool if you talked a bit regarding "treasures" and "rewards" as well, if you deem them relevant to the topic of "crowns."

Maybe you could mention passages like Matthew 6:20 and 2 Corinthians 9:6 as well?  

~

Drop a thought