Drinking Deeply

Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 4:35 PM

If I could change one thing about me...

The entire quarter, the fellowship has had "Chill N' Grill" nights, nights where we'd get together and put two graduating seniors on the "grill" and ask them questions.

Well, I was just thinking about how I would answer "if you could change one thing about you, what would it be?" Apart from things like "sanctified body," "knowledge with love," and "to know God," I think one of my greatest desires is to be able to sing well. I love singing hymns and songs. Be Thou My Vision, In Christ Alone, Before the Throne of God above, Come Thou Fount, are all songs that have been stuck in my head and I've trying to memorize. It all sounds ok and fine to me, but as I sing more and more, I sense this desire in myself to... just have a good voice or something. I really have no idea why. Is it a desire for recognition? I sure hope not. But what else can it be?

And how does that make me any better in any way than those who are concerned about their appearance (and not those that want to be fit, but rather those that are caught up in looking good)?

I think I'm secretly jealous of all those testimony people that have nice voices. Or of all the people that can play guitar and sing. Or simply of David Scudder.

Yeah, that's probably it.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Blogger Frank Martens said...

so uhm get a guitar and start learning :)  

~

Blogger Eric said...

Well, if it's a desire to contribute more to people's worship experience, I should tell you what I forgot to tell you last Tuesday, that I really appreciate your presence in worship.  

~

Drop a thought