Drinking Deeply

Friday, March 24, 2006 at 5:38 PM

Thoughts

It seems that my time spent in the Word is proportional to how much work I have. When I get busy, I realize more the urgency of my need to be spending my time soaked in the Word, but during times when I have large chunks of free time (these last two weeks for example, and I fear this coming week), I tend to put it off, saying that I could do it later, that my time would be better spent "fellowshipping" and such.

But yet, what can be more important than communion with the Living Water through the Living Word? What can be more important than diving into the very Oracles of God? What indeed?!

How frustrating. I feel like Israel in the OT. Times of peace and prosperity were always times that led to apostasy and a falling away, it is only when the persecutions came that the people turned to the Lord.

Prone to wander Lord I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love.

Here's my heart O take and seal it,
Seal it for thy courts above!

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Drop a thought