Drinking Deeply

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 at 10:55 PM

Not really what I was thinking of...

So I've noticed a lot of blogs that are named after much loved passages in the Bible. Of course, my blog title had always been sort of modeled after the idea of Jesus being the living water and my desire to drink deeply, but for fun I decided to look up Biblegateway to see what came up.

"Drinking deeply" returned no hits.

"Drink deeply" returned one gem, from Isaiah 66, which at the screen said:

"that you may nurse and be satisfied from her consoling breast;that you may drink deeply with delight from her glorious abundance."

whoa!

But, as with everything. Context is everything:
10"Rejoice with Jerusalem, and be glad for her,
all you who love her;
rejoice with her in joy,
all you who mourn over her;
11that you may nurse and be satisfied
from her consoling breast;
that you may drink deeply with delight
from her glorious abundance."

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Drop a thought