Drinking Deeply

Friday, March 17, 2006 at 4:51 PM

I will wait

John Piper pointed this passage out in a message I was listening to.

Micah 7:

5Put no trust in a neighbor;
have no confidence in a friend;
guard the doors of your mouth
from her who lies in your arms;
6for the son treats the father with contempt,
the daughter rises up against her mother,
the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
a man's enemies are the men of his own house.

7But as for me, I will look to the LORD;

I will wait for the God of my salvation;
my God will hear me.

I've sung the song before. But I've never actually read the context of the verse. I will watch in hope of the Lord. Why? Because I cannot trust anyone else. Brother will betray brother. Father, son, and mother, daughter. How horrible. How terrifying. But the cry of Micah is "I will wait."

8Rejoice not over me, O my enemy;
when I fall, I shall rise;
when I sit in darkness,
the LORD will be a light to me.
9I will bear the indignation of the LORD
because I have sinned against him,
until he pleads my cause
and executes judgment for me.
He will bring me out to the light;
I shall look upon his vindication.

I will wait. Even though I have fallen.
I will wait. Even though I sit in darkness.
I will wait. Even though God's anger is upon me for my sin.
I will wait. Because God is my light.
I will wait. Because God will plead my case and execute judgement for me.
I will wait. Because God will bring me out to the light.

In the midst of sufferings and trials, those rightly deserved for my sins. In the midst of chastisements and punishments from God Himself, I will wait.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Blogger Jessica said...

thanks for your post.

reminds me that in the midst of our struggles, our response shouldn't be 'lord, will you now rain down hail and brimestone on my enemies?' but to
Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.

- Ps 27:14

waiting is so hard. for deliverance, for His glory to be revealed, for the world to know that the LORD is God.  

~

Drop a thought