Drinking Deeply

Sunday, March 12, 2006 at 5:20 PM

I think this is a first

In all honesty I've never been sufficiently convinced that I could say Philippians 1:18 with a clear conscience before. Oftentimes when people would bring it up I would be like... "well is it really proclaiming Christ?"

But today I think I may have found an example. Cool.

18What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Blogger ts said...

ok, i'm really curious now ...  

~

Blogger no_average_girl said...

i'm excited you were able to find examples, but please share more details! :-)  

~

Blogger Puritan Belief said...

You wrote 17What then?..

This is verse 18 which I am guessing is your answer to doing Philippians 1:17 with a clear conscience.

I think it important that we proclaim Christ even when we feel like our motives are wrong and don't feel like being an ambassador to proclaim Christ. Is this what you meant?  

~

Blogger mxu said...

whoa!

Interesting, the ESV is missing v. 16 on Biblegateway and has renumbered 17 to be 18. Then it skips the number 18.

How interesting!

Post edited  

~

Blogger Puritan Belief said...

Ahh well I guess I don't know what example you have found.  

~

Blogger Frank Martens said...

so what's the example :)?  

~

Drop a thought