Drinking Deeply

Saturday, October 08, 2005 at 10:39 PM

Rejoicing in God's providence

So I was about to put up a post detailing how awesome God's providence was after so and so happened. All these little fluke coincidences that seemed to have come together so that things worked perfectly out (and it felt like God was enabling my incompetence or something).

Then I thought, "wait a second, if I say that I believe firmly in God's complete sovereignty over everything, why should I just rejoice over God's sovereignty over today rather than any other day?"

Psalm 113:
2Blessed be the name of the LORD
from this time forth and forevermore!
3From the rising of the sun to its setting,
the name of the LORD is to be praised!

Why not praise God that today happened exactly as God planned? Why not indeed!

Praise God for this day, when it seems specifically evident that God's hand was over it! Praise Him also for those days that may not be as evident! Pray that God may soften my heart that I may see and acknowledge His hand in everything, normal and unusual alike!

Song of the moment: Caedmon's Call - Table for Two

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Drop a thought