Drinking Deeply

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 at 7:40 PM

Something to think about

From Dictionary.com
2. entrust
7. To pledge or obligate one's own self

Hebrews 13)

7Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith.

17Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

1 Timothy 15:17)

Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.

1 Titus 1:5-6

5This is why I left you in Crete, so that you might put what remained into order, and appoint elders in every town as I directed you-- 6if anyone is above reproach, the husband of one wife, and his children are believers and not open to the charge of debauchery or insubordination.

Eph. 5:25-27

25Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, 26that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish

Acts 5:29

But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men.

2 Cor. 6 14-18)

14Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? 16What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said,

"I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
17Therefore go out from their midst,
and be separate from them, says the Lord,
and touch no unclean thing;
then I will welcome you,
18and I will be a father to you,
and you shall be sons and daughters to me,
says the Lord Almighty."

*exhale* Still need a lot of prayer. For myself, for my church(es), for my fellowship, for my elders, for my pastors.

As it is written, the righteous will live by faith.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Blogger Joanna Martens said...

check out James 3:1-
It's "something to think about."
:-)  

~

Drop a thought