Drinking Deeply

Monday, September 05, 2005 at 9:33 AM

Romans 9

While I was at Alaska, one of the messages on Sunday was on Romans 9. I was impressed that a pastor would be willing to take such a controversial passage (especially in a non-denominational church). Unfortunately he wasn't entirely clear on it, mainly because he tried to hang onto "free will." Because of this ambiguity, one of my friends mentioned to me that he was really confused. I offered to help him out and typed up this for him. I guess I'll share it since I also want to link to two excellent treatments of predestination that have just been blogged about.

A running commentary on Romans 9 by yours truly. No where near the scholarship and research the other two have done, but I figured to share it anyways.

Vincent' Cheung answers the objection "predestination makes us robots": More than a Potter

Guest blogger Alan Kurschner on aomin.org answers thie issue of "God predestined a plan, but not people" in 3 parts: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Drop a thought