Drinking Deeply

Sunday, August 28, 2005 at 11:38 PM

Update on mother

An email I just sent out to my fellowship(s)

Hey guys,

I have a prayer request for you guys. Yesterday around 5pm my mother was clipping branches off our tree in the backyard when she slipped and fell 10 feet to the ground and landed upon her back. 911 was called and the meds came quickly. Thankfully nothing super serious was found on the first scan (though they are doing a more detailed scan today). She did chip a few bones in her back (Praise God the spinal cord seemed intact) so she will be immobilized for 4-6 weeks. Because of this, I will not be going to Yakima on the 5th and will instead stay at home to help take care of my mother and my sister until school starts.

If you feel the burden please pray for a few things:

Praise God that she was relatively unhurt compared to what might have happened. Praise God that she still has full mobility and seems to be in stable condition. Pray that God would grant physical healing.

Praise God that He has granted me a great sense of trust and calmness amidst all this. He has reminded me time and time again that His will is sovereign, and that His name will be glorified. Pray that He would continue to sustain me in a trust in His promises.

Pray as well for the rest of my family. My brother, sister, mom, and dad (now divorced, but still concerned) are all non-believers. Pray that I would be able to be a light in the midst of what seems to them as darkness. Pray that God's Word would be proclaimed all the while (I don't know how though, but pray for opportunities).

I was reminded particularly of Isaiah 45:7

I form light and create darkness,
I make well-being and create calamity,
I am the LORD, who does all these things.

May we delight in the Lord, whose decrees are good, forever.

Mickey

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben told me yesterday, I'm so sorry. I'll be home this weekend and plan on seeing you guys and helping however I can. Be strong, your family needs you.

-Allie  

~

Drop a thought