Drinking Deeply

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 at 3:52 PM

A sheep without a shepherd

So I guess since it's been sent out on the email lists I can talk about it now.

These past few days huge things have been happening at my church at Stanford. The pastor of FiCS (the fellowship it sponsors at Stanford) has been let go. No notice. No information. He heard from someone outside of the church 1 week after the fact, after he had preached another sermon for their youth group too! There was no reason given. I don't know what to say. I thought that these things did not happen to churches that preached God's Word. God will grow His people and His church right? How can a church be kicking out one of their teachers on the street? He was in charge of three ministries for 2 and a half years!

This was a man that I have had the pleasure to grow with and be discipled by and he is someone who has made mistakes but is of the desire to uphold God's Word at all costs. And his heart has been for the kids, even volunteering to take care of FiCS at no cost to the church to help them grow. I simply do not understand.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't hero worship, but merely a deep sadness that a church could fall into such a destructive practice. How will any pastor want to work for a church that can just drop them like that?

Please be praying for me. I am confused, but I do trust in God who has forordained all and is every moment bringing about His glory in all that occurs. I am the president of FiCS and am at a loss how the fellowship should respond. If it were just me, I would simply send a scorching email to the elders, but I am now a representative of a fellowship. Pray for wisdom and guidance as I step into the next year with great fear and trembling at the difficulties that will happen in my fellowship. Pray for my church KCPC. Sin covers every one of us and we all need a savior. Praise God that my pastor has found a job (on very short notice!) with a Christian school. Praise God for what He is doing, the trials He is putting us through, the joys and the sorrows. Praise God for being God.

1 Peter 4
12Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Blogger Jessica said...

hey mickey, hang in there! we're all in this together.
i was reminded of that joshua passage, joshua 1:9 (and also deuteronomy 31:6) it's so fitting because like the isrealites, we are without our moses, and the joshua has to step up. . . remember how joshua followed the Lord's commands and how He blessed him... "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he wil never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (deut 31:8)  

~

Drop a thought