Drinking Deeply

Sunday, August 21, 2005 at 9:41 PM

Blog reading

More good reads as of late:

At the Howling Coyote, he recently posted about children learning catechisms at a very young age, and gave the example of his son who is two. I hope one day to be able to raise children with great spiritual maturity at a young age. (me with maturity them at young age)

Another article about the necessity of preaching Gospel as Law and Grace instead of just all grace.

At TheIrvins there is another post on preaching and the necessity of preaching the truth, and the whole truth without clouding issues.

Over at The Dickens Family, there was an insightful post reflecting on one's journey to Calvinism.

An interesting article from World Magazine about having a ministry evangelism.

At Coffee Swirls, the author just finished a series on Church Growth... The Biblical Way. A hearty amen!

Intro:
Patience:
Reliance on the Holy Spirit:
Worship the Benefactor:
Biblical Literacy:
Preach the Gospel:
Offer Something Greater than What You Have to Give:
Boldness

These were excellent.

Finally, over at Crystal's Blog she is discussing Biblical Womanhood and is currently reading "Be Fruitful and Multiply." Some of the views proposed are against what cultural norms are, but I haven't made a decision on if I agree or not (though I suspect I agree much more than I disagree on some points).

Mmm, so much good posts, so little time.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Blogger Joe L. said...

Mickey,
I really like your new blog design.

I hope school goes well for you this Fall, keep us updated. Autumn is in the air, and I am thankful. Football and cool evenings, can't beat it.

In Christ,
Joe  

~

Anonymous Doug said...

Thanks for the kind words. I do have a few more to add, but wanted a sense of closure for the time being. I don't think it will be long, though, before I share another tidbit.  

~

Drop a thought