Drinking Deeply

Thursday, July 07, 2005 at 10:04 PM

Being blessed

1 John 4:12

12No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

I've never been this blown away before. Simply wow. So as some of you know, I'll be leaving for Alaska tomorrow for 5 weeks to teach high schoolers math and English as part of a summer program run through a church up there. Lord willing, I'll also have the opportunity to share the Gospel and share God's love with them. Well, a few of my friends at my church asked if I wanted to have dinner as sort of a send-off thing, just a chance for me to share and pray with one another. All of a sudden it's like 12 people and we all get a chance to share with one another, encourage one another, and just pray over one another. They just wanted to bless me and send me off together, which was simply amazing because most of them I knew for at most 2 summers, some of them (notably the ones that organized) just one. I was like "wow." Talk about sharing God's love. I was so blessed and so encouraged and just awed by how much they cared and wanted to pray for me. I am just so thankful that God decided to surround me with such brothers and sisters who have loved me much like Christ has, even when oftentimes I did not return the favor.

Hebrews 10:24-25
24And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Blogger Frank Martens said...

Have a safe and God Glorifying trip :)  

~

Drop a thought