Drinking Deeply

Thursday, June 23, 2005 at 12:04 PM

Some more good reads

An excellent post by Jollyblogger here on how to encourage one's pastor. I think this is something everyone should look into. We all can't do everything, but if we all do something, it'll be much better than what I imagine pastors usually get now.

Justin Taylor has an excellent post Against Libertarian Free Will. Unfortunately the links to the Frame site don't seem to be working so I don't know if the entire post is up.

**edit** The entire article is here where the term "Libertarian Free Will" is explained

I've also just finished Vincent Cheung's Commentary on Ephesians. An excellent book, also includes a very comprehensive treatment on election and God's sovereignty.

I've also read The Cross Centered Life by C. J. Mahaney which was given to me years ago. A very short book but there is so much truth and life within it that it was really good

Currently reading through Back to Basics edited by David Hagopian. Also an excellent book providing a comprehensive view of the Reformed faith. From Election, to the Covenent, Church, and Christian Living, 4 sections of this book that tie much of it all together. I'm actually rereading it, but there is so much that I didn't understand my first time through that I'm getting quite alot out of it.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Drop a thought