Drinking Deeply

Monday, April 04, 2005 at 10:40 PM

Thoughts from TJ(2)

The person leading the team requested that we submit a "reflection" paragraph. This was mine.

Some thoughts in reflection:

1) Isaiah 55:8-9 states:


8For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
9For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

How true that was for me! There were so many times that I wondered if the TJ trip was actually going to happen. There were so many times that I thought it wasn’t being run properly, that it could have been done better my way. So many times when I doubted, distrusted, was annoyed, feared… and somehow through all of it, God declared Himself sovereign over all creation. In spite of all my fears, doubts, worries leading up to the trip and even during the trip, God brought about His plan. How cool.

2) Don’t go back to Newsong in future years.

I’ve already expressed my opinion on this many a time. If you would like to ask me why feel free to email me (or come to toyon and share some amazing food =D) This will be talked about in a future post.

3) The question “how have you changed” blows. =p

I really am unable to answer it to my satisfaction, because oftentimes I feel like I haven’t taken a π radian turn or anything and when asked “how have you changed?” I end up searching for something to fit in there, which usually ends up “sounding” good but “feeling” rather fake. I guess it’s just not an adequate question for me to express what goes on in my wacky brain =p.

4) People are so cool.

Even though I felt like I didn’t know many people going to TJ, the conversations, the struggles, and the experiences we shared on this trip has really just reaffirmed to me how great people are once you get to know them. I know for sure I’ve connected with people I never expected to, and I hope (and pray) that our ties to one another would continue to encourage and edify each other.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Blogger cwu said...

hmm interesting...about newsong, i mean.

i've met someone from there and his theology seems pretty sound...and they're affiliated with saddleback which i have been to, and they seem quite sound too...

iono what your thoughts are on this, i'm assuming it has to do with their affiliation w/ other churches...and i read phil 1:15-17. i don't see how affiliation causes "some [to] preach Christ out of envy and rivalry."

if you read the question afterward on their faq, they do this so each church can edify and hold each other accountable.

iono maybe it was your experience there. well i'll ttyl, silly one  

~

Drop a thought